Transfer aids such as the Sara Stedy and the Move Assist play a crucial role in hospital settings, having a positive impact on both patient safety and well-being, alongside a manual handling aid for HCP’s. Here are some of the key benefits of using transfer aids in hospitals:
- Improved Safety: Transfer aids minimise the risk of falls and injuries during transitions between positions or areas of a ward, which are particularly common in hospitals and wards that have severely ill, patients with altered balance post-stroke or frail patients.
- Increased independence: Patients who require assistance for transfers can re-gain a sense of autonomy and control over their movements with the support of Sara Stedy aids.
- Reduced pain and discomfort: Proper transfer techniques and transfer aids can minimise pain and discomfort for patients, especially those post-surgery, or with existing injuries or pain.
- Enhanced mobility and functional activity: Transfer aids facilitate movement and participation in therapeutic activities, promoting faster recovery and functional regain.
- Confidence boost: Reduced dependence on HCP’s, particularly in a hospital setting, and increased control over personal movement can boost patients' confidence and emotional well-being.
- Manual handling advantages: Transfer aids such as the Sara Stedy and Move Assist decrease the physical strain on healthcare staff by providing equipment assistance during patient transfers, avoiding musculoskeletal injuries.
- Improved efficiency and productivity: Efficient and smooth transfer processes using appropriate aids can be far quicker than walking with a patient
- Safety for the patient: Safe transfers contribute to a better patient/HCP relationship, fostering trust.
We offer three specific transfer aids, which can be either purchased or hired from us on a weekly, monthly or daily basis:
The Arjo Sara Stedy provides support for a patient when going from a seated position to a standing position. The Stedy provides a seat for a patient whilst being transferred and can be used for safely transferring a patient from chair or bed to toilet, or another ward.
The Move Assist with a safe working load of 200kg is a high-quality transfer aid that has been designed for users that have the ability to stand up from a seated position. The patient can hold on to the crossbar and pulls themselves to their feet. They can then sit on the secure seat and be easily transferred by a nurse or attendant.
The return stand aid with belt can create a natural pattern of movement and is perfect for rehabilitation and those with mobility problems. Alongside this, its a great manual handling aid - reducing the need for heavy lifting by the HCP.