The Sertain™ chair range is one of the UK's most popular rental chairs and is available in a wide range of sizes and specifications.
All of them have these common attributes:
- 100% layflat function for lateral transfers, in-chair intubation and other safety reasons that would make the use of a conventional tilt-in-space chair too difficult or risky
- Electric hi-lo / height adjustability for protecting carers / nurses / therapists backs when administering care or performing transfers
- Removable or fold-down arms, wings or thoracic supports to facilitate side transfers, bulky dressings / lines or the insertion of a sling or slide-sheet
Caremed Alrick is the UK and EU representative for the Sertain™ brand and we hire all available models (Neuro, standard trauma chair, bariatric versions) to hospitals throughout the UK.
We also supply the Sertain™ bariatric versions to other nationwide bariatric rental companies so you will see our chairs under different names, in the marketplace.
Some of the well-known bariatric rental companies who use Sertain™ chairs are:
- Benmor Medical
- Direct Healthcare Group / Nightingale Bariatric Solutions
The rental rates will vary significantly depending on:
- Length of rental
- Number of chairs on rental
- Any contract pricing that is in place
As a rule of thumb, a short-term rental (7-14 days) will be more expensive, around £45 - 50 per day (plus VAT) for standard sized models (up to 160KG SWL) or £45 - 55 per day (plus VAT) for large (300KG SWL) and XL (350KG SWL).
Medium term rental (14+ days) rates will vary across the sizing, from £35 - 45 per day (plus VAT)
Long term rates are such a variable, e.g. 30 days - 60 days or even 90+ days, special rates will apply and customers will see bigger discounts.
On top of the daily rate, most providers will charge for delivery / training and also collection and decontamination. This will vary hugely based on location, the suppliers infrastructure and any contract pricing agreed.
Length of rental also plays a part in the logistics costs, with a longer rental term sometimes leading to a reduction.
Expect to pay anywhere between £25 - £175 each way - a huge variation we agree, but there are many factors that influence this.
We trust you get some benefit from our ongoing articles around the costs associated with specialist hospital seating.