WHAT IS THE MHOA SYSTEM OF CARE?
It is a winning combination of our an ultra-low, ultra-simple bedframe combined with our TotalFlow Hybrid mattress system. This simple system of care was developed with Mental Health Older Adults services as a way to safely care for the needs of vulnerable and frail dementia care residents.
Our own Alrick EN-Series Floor Level specialist care beds are durable, stable and ideal for the mental health / older adults environment where needs are demanding and residents / patients are especially vulnerable.
As you will see on the presentation below…
The bed has:
- No complex linkages or exposed mechanisms
- Completely clear space underneath when raised
- A unique chair position for day-care, feeding, cognitive improvement, easy entry and egress
- Ultra low height of 100mm when lowered, to eliminate bed falls injuries in the night
- Can be used as static or alternating
- Eliminates the hassle of swapping foam mattresses for alternating air
- Resolves storage and hygiene issues
- Has an integral evacuation feature for emergencies
These beds are available in a range of sizes from 90cm wide / 200KG SWL to 140cm wide / 300KG SWL, all with minimum platform heights of 10-14cm, minimising or eliminating the risk of injuries from bed falls.
Also within this strategic pillar is our range of falls detection and prevention sensors – a wireless safety system that provides an early intervention for residents at the highest risk of falls.
The Alrick beds plus our sensor system provides a circle of care to drastically reduce the risk of falls in specialist care centres.